Important Information Regarding COVID-19
To our wonderful patients:
The Covid-19 pandemic has created many challenges for everyone. During these historic and uncertain times, many medical and dental practices have had to partially or completely shut down. We have been concerned that these closures could lead to poorer health over time. Our mouths are the gateway into our body, and we know there is a direct link between oral health and our overall health. So we are pleased that we are able to re-open to serve you.
As your dental home, we want to prepare you for some of the changes in the way dentistry is currently being practiced. Although the state of California authorized dental practices to re-open as of May 8th, we wanted our team to be adequately prepared, and delayed opening until May 16th, with a reduced number of patients being seen. Some of the reasons we have reduced patient flow are as follows:
1. Allows enough time to implement new state and federal guidelines on safety procedures and infection control.
2. Gives us adequate time between patients for our upgraded cleaning measures and ensures we can continue to allow our patients to practice social distancing.
3. Allows additional time to discuss patients questions and concerns
4. Promotes feedback from patients and team members on new protocols, giving us the opportunity to continue to improve our patient care.
During your next visit to our office, you can expect to see changes. These changes will not only protect you, but our team members also. It is our intention to go above and beyond required protocols in an effort to ensure the health and safety of everyone in our office. Some of the changes we ask you to take note of:
● Before your appointment a team member will reach out to you with some screening questions related to possible exposure to the coronavirus. These questions will be repeated upon your arrival at our office.
● We ask you to please “check-in” by calling or texting our office from your car, where you will wait until a team member notifies you.
● Only scheduled patients will be allowed in the office unless additional assistance is required. ● We request that you wear a mask to your appointment and at all times you are in the office and not receiving treatment.
● Each patient, and team member, will have their temperature and blood oxygen level checked before entering our treatment area.
● All patients will be asked to sanitize their hands before proceeding through our office, and to adhere to the additional hygiene guidelines while in our office.
If you have any questions about the steps we have taken to protect your health and safety during your next visit, we are happy to answer them. We are looking forward to seeing you soon! To schedule an appointment or ask questions, please call our office at 805-983-0245.
Our top priority is the health and safety of our patients and team members as we welcome you back to our office. We thank each of you for your loyalty, trust, and understanding during these difficult times. We are in this together and our thoughts go out to all of those that have been impacted.
Sincerely, Dr. Stephen Kerper, Dr. Brad Kane, and the entire team
In recognition of ongoing news reports and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, we realize our patients have questions. As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We want you to know that we are monitoring this situation very closely, and we will keep you updated regularly.
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. To ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has a cough, fever, and/or flu-like symptoms. In addition, please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled to any areas within the past 14 days that are at high risk for contracting the coronavirus.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links: